2013 Honda FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES w/EPS
Two-Wheel Drive? Four-Wheel Drive? You Decide: This invaluable feature allows a rider to shift, via a front-panel-mounted lever, between 2WD and 4WD for maximum versatility during tough chores or on uneven terrain. Two-wheel drive gives you lighter steering, while four-wheel drive gives you improved traction. It’s the best of both worlds.
Shifting’s Never Been So Easy: With Honda’s optional handlebar-mounted, push-button Electric Shift Program (ESP), quick, crisp gearshifts are just a thumb-tip away.
Absolute power. Absolute workhorse: ATV owners work hard, so they need an engine that works hard, too. Like this 420cc fuel-injected taskmaster boasting power, torque and bulletproof Honda reliability.
Accessories as tough as the ATVs they’re on: When you're riding the best ATV on the planet, only the best accessories will do—Honda Genuine Accessories. These accessories are designed specifically for your Honda vehicle and feature the same quality and durability you’ve come to expect from Honda.
- Engine Type: 420cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected OHV wet-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 86.5mm x 71.5mm
- Induction: Keihin 34mm throttle-body fuel-injection system
- Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: ESP five-speed with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 6.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 6.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes: Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: Sealed mechanical drum
- Front Tire: 24 x 8-12
- Rear Tire: 24 x 10-11
- Length: 80.9 in.
- Width: 46.1 in.
- Height: 45.1 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.2 in.
- Seat Height: 32.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 6.5 in.
- Turning Radius: 10.5 ft.
- Curb Weight: 605 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.5 gal. (including 1.0 gal. reserve)
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red, Olive
- Model Id: TRX420FPE
- Duration: One year
- Description: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Fuel Injection: The Keihin fuel-injection system, featuring a 34m throttle body, delivers crisp, seamless performance while ensuring hassle-free operation in cold conditions and varying altitudes.
- Semi-dry-sump Engine Design: Our semi-dry sump and overhead valve designs give you an engine that's shorter from top to bottom. The compact engine both lowers the center of gravity and increases ground clearance.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout
- Shaft Final Drive
- TraxLok Selectable 2WD/4WD: This invaluable feature allows a rider to shift, via a front-panel-mounted lever, between 2WD and 4WD for maximum versatility during tough chores or on uneven terrain.
- Electric Shift Program (ESP): Upshifting or downshifting is easy and fast—just push one of two handlebar-mounted buttons. ESP is a huge advantage when riding in heavy boots, or if your boots are covered in mud or snow.
- Electric Power Steering (EPS): Electric Power Steering (EPS) is both speed- and torque-sensitive. In addition to reducing steering effort, EPS also reduces kickback through the handlebar.
- Engine Type
- Fuel-injected OHV wet-sump longitudinally mounted four-stroke
- 420 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 86.5mm x 71.5mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Keihin 34mm throttle-body fuel-injection system
- Starting System
- Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Travel
- 6.3 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tires
- 24 x 8-12
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with single shock
- Rear Travel
- 6.3 in.
- Rear Brake Type
- Sealed mechanical drum
- Rear Tires
- 24 x 10-11
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 605 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.5 gal., including 1.0 gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 6.5 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 80.9 in. x 46.1 in. x 45.1 in.
- 49.2 in.
- Drive Train
- Final Drive
- Direct front and rear driveshafts
- ESP five-speed with Reverse
- Red, Olive
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.