2013 Honda TRX420FA
Call for Price
Rancher AT: It’s the Automatic Choice.
Isn’t it great when something in life actually works out BETTER than promised? That’s how you’re going to feel when you choose a Honda Rancher AT. When you look at all it offers, it’s easy to see why the Rancher AT is such a hit. First it belongs to the best-selling ATV family in America. Because they’re Hondas, they offer a legendary degree of dependability and quality. Then there’s the lineup itself, with the Rancher AT standing proud as the flagship. Built around the same class-leading 420cc engine as our other Ranchers, the AT makes a great ATV even better with features like plush Independent Rear Suspension (IRS), Electric Power Steering (EPS), Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), TraxLok 2WD/4WD system, and a revolutionary, twin-clutch-equipped automatic five-speed transmission that’s arguably one of the slickest- and quickest-shifting gearboxes on dirt.
The First of Its Kind. The Quickest, Too: Exclusive to the Rancher AT, Honda’s revolutionary automatic five-speed transmission features a twin-clutch design that ensures slick, lightning-fast shifts and optimal power transfer.
Independent Rear Suspension: The Rancher AT’s independent rear suspension (IRS) features a double wishbone design that maintains rear wheel alignment for a smoother, more surefooted ride over all kinds of terrain.
Accessories as tough as the ATVs they’re on: When you're riding the best ATV on the planet, only the best accessories will do—Honda Genuine Accessories. These accessories are designed specifically for your Honda vehicle and feature the same quality and durability you’ve come to expect from Honda.
- Engine Type: 420cc liquid-cooled OHV semi-dry-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 86.5mm x 71.5mm
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 34mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Automatic
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 6.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double wishbone; 6.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes: Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear Brakes: Single hydraulic disc
- Front Tires: 24 x 8-12
- Rear Tires: 24 x 10-11
- Length: 80.9 in.
- Width: 46.1 in.
- Height: 45.8 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.4 in.
- Seat Height: 32.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 9.1 in.
- Turning Radius: 10.5 ft.
- Curb Weight: 623 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.6 gal., including 1.0-gallon reserve
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red, Olive
- Model Id: TRX420FA
- Duration: One year
- Description: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Electric Shift Program (ESP): Upshifting or downshifting is easy and fast—just push one of two handlebar-mounted buttons. ESP is a huge advantage when riding in heavy boots, or if your boots are covered in mud or snow.
- TraxLok® Selectable 2WD/4WD: This invaluable feature allows a rider to shift, via a front-panel-mounted lever, between 2WD and 4WD for maximum versatility during tough chores or on uneven terrain.
- Programmed Fuel Injection: Being able to count on crisp performance and starting under any conditions is a must for anyone who depends on their ATV. Thanks to Honda's Programmed Fuel-Injection (PGM-FI), featuring a 34mm throttle body, 12-hole Denso injector and Idle Air Control Valve (IACV), the Rancher AT not only ensures trouble-free operation in the cold and at varying altitudes, it enhances fuel economy as well.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout
- Semi-dry-sump Engine Design: Our semi-dry sump and overhead valve designs give you an engine that's shorter from top to bottom. The compact engine both lowers the center of gravity and increases ground clearance.
- Honda Automatic Five-Speed Transmission: The Rancher AT's Honda automatic five-speed transmission features two modes: You can shift into five forward gears, neutral and reverse, or the Rancher can shift into the forward gears automatically. Shifting is super-fast and super-efficient thanks to the radical twin-clutch design.
- Shaft Final Drive
- Independent Rear Suspension (IRS): The Rancher AT's double-wishbone, Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) allows each wheel to travel independently from the other over uneven terrain, helping maintain optimal tire contact. Add 6.3" of wheel travel to this formula, and what you have is arguably the most responsive handling, highest ride quality and best traction of any ATV in its class.
- Engine Type
- OHV semi-dry-sump longitudinally mounted four-stroke
- 420 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 86.5mm x 71.5mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 34mm throttle bodies
- Starting System
- Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Travel
- 6.3 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic disc
- Front Tires
- 24 x 8-12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Rear Travel
- 6.3 in.
- Rear Brake Type
- Single hydraulic disc
- Rear Tires
- 24 x 10-11
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 623 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.6 gal., including 1.0 gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 9.1 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 80.9 in. x 46.1 in. x 45.8 in.
- 49.4 in.
- Drive Train
- Final Drive
- Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Red, Olive
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.